Monday, September 6, 2010

Day Nineteen: (August 31st)

So, the thing about affirmations is, they don't stick if you don't repeat them. I tried. I really, really did. I worked the mental bone to a nub and it was a resounding drone that went from resembling Cannibal Corpse to doo-wop, sad songs headlined by The Platters. But today, I decided...I was going to try and listen to myself. Despite my obvious definceicies , I was going to listen to myself: I LIKE BEING ALONE. Remember, Self? You liked sleeping in the middle of the bed, with a book...the only comfort you needed.

In my bed, I relished in this memory. The words determining your emoitions, not a guy; a mass of presence does not make that void filled. This book. These words. They are what I used to cherish...and just a step away from where I am destined to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment